A virtual seminar for the provisional draft of seismic evaluation guidelines was held.
On 13th April, 2021, a virtual seminar for the provisional draft of seismic evaluation guidelines (Technical Guidelines for Seismic Evaluation of Existing Reinforced Concrete Buildings in Bangladesh for Extended Application of BSPP Seismic Evaluation Manual) developed by the SATREPS-TSUIB project was held using Zoom. The presentations are now available from this page.
This virtual seminar is to disseminate one of the outcomes of this project. University professors invited from outside of this project gave fruitful comments for this guidelines.
Agenda of the virtual seminar is available from below.
Soft copy of the provisional draft of the guidelines are available from below.
Opening address by Md. Ashraful Alam, Director General of Housing and Building Research Institute and Project Director, SATREPS-TSUIB Project.
2. Introduction to SATREPS/TSUIB Project by Yoshiaki Nakano, Professor, The University of Tokyo.
3. Introduction to PWD Seismic Evaluation and Retrofitting Manuals prepared under CNCRP/BSPP project by Md Rafiqul Islam, Superintending Engineer, Public Works Depart ment.
4. Framework of SATREPS-TSUIB Manuals/Guidelines by Masaki Maeda, Professor, Tohoku University.
5. Chapter 3: Columns with Low Strength Concrete and/or High Axial Load by Kazuto Matsukawa, Research Associate, The University of Tokyo.
6. Chapter 4: RC Frame with Masonry Infill Wall by Md. Shafiul Islam, Assistant Professor (Research), Tohoku University.
7. Chapter 5: RC Beam-Column Joints by Yasushi Sanada, Professor, Osaka University and Murshalin Ahmed, Graduate Student, Osaka University.
8. Chapter 6: Flat Plate Structures by M. Abdur Rahman Bhuiyan, Senior Consultant, HBRI & Professor, Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology and Md. Ashraful Alam, Associate Professor, University of Asia Pacific.
9. Chapter 2: Classification of Compressive Strength of Concrete by A.F.M. Saiful Amin, Professor, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
10. Closing address by Yoshiaki Nakano, Professor, The University of Tokyo and Team
Leader (Japan side), SATREPS-TSUIB Project.