A virtual seminar for "Towards Seismic Resilience in Dhaka City" was held.
Updated: Mar 16
On 19th February, 2022, a virtual seminar for a draft of "Towards Seismic Resilience in Dhaka City" developed by the SATREPS-TSUIB project was held using Zoom. The presentations are now available from this page.
This virtual seminar is to disseminate one of the outcomes of this project. University professors and Planners invited from outside of this project gave fruitful comments for these presentations.
Agenda of the virtual seminar is available from below.
A draft of "Towards Seismic Resilience in Dhaka City" is available from below.
1. Opening address by Md. Ashraful Alam, Director General of Housing and Building Research Institute and Project Director, SATREPS-TSUIB Project.
2. Introduction to SATREPS/TSUIB Project by Yoshiaki Nakano, Professor, The University of Tokyo.
3. Introduction to Towards Urban Resilience in Dhaka City by Masudur Rashied, Junior Research Consultant of Housing and Building Research Institute.
4. Chapter 2: Geology, Geomorphology, Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Aspects of Dhaka city by Asif Khan (Jahangirnagar University).
5. Chapter 3: Comprehensive Vulnerability Assessment by Sadia Afrose, Junior Research Consultant of Housing and Building Research Institute.
6. Chapter 4: Building Vulnerability Assessment by Sharmin Nahar, Jahangirnagar University.
7. Chapter 5: Emergency Response and Rescue (Section 5.1) by Arnob Chakrabarty, Jahangirnagar University.
8. Chapter 5: Emergency Response and Rescue (Section 5.2) by Md. Tawshif Islam, Jahangirnagar University.
9. Chapter 6: Methodological development of Building Prioritization for Seismic Retrofitting by Sadia Afrose, Junior Research Consultant of Housing and Building Research Institute.
10. Chapter 7: The Improvement in Citizen Awareness of Low-frequency Hazards after a Disaster risk Reduction Town Walk by Michio Ubaura, Professor of Tohoku University.
11. Chapter 8: Policy Review, Conclusion and Recommendation by Akter Mahmud, Professor of Jahangirnagar University.